The Masters Games is an annual sporting event that is regarded as one of the premier and largest participation sporting events in the Wide Bay region.
It is expected over 1,000 participants will compete across 30 different sports this year.
The Maryborough Masters Games provide an occasion to:
- Make the wider community aware of the benefits of sport;
- Encourage and engage the Masters sporting demographic in ongoing activity that is beneficial to their long term health and wellbeing;
- Encourage a positive active lifestyle in the community that is balanced with social outcome and opportunities;
- Reaffirm with all levels of sports administration the importance of mature-aged sports people, who are seeking opportunities to participate; and
- Demonstrate the myriad of attractions of sport: skill, achievement, competition, social interaction and satisfaction.